Sysadmin and packet wrangler at Brightbox, hacker, musician and butler to several cats. Remember, “Friends don’t let friends get friends hair cut!” Someday it will prove sound advice.
You can send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, I prefer plain text email. Please encrypt anything you wouldnt be happy sharing. My PGP key fingerprint is
58A8 46A9 8CC1 792F 2028 9D2B 5D74 9169 BC43 0B14.
You can contact me via Jabber/XMPP at
email@example.com (OTR fingerprint
EB519946 DE62C9E8 B325D928 42525D1E BD94395F) or
firstname.lastname@example.org (OTR fingerprint
BE7840F3 06D4F37D F18C945F 33A99318 BB8C674E).
andatche on the Freenode, Quakenet, fofnet and Terahertz irc networks and Skype.
Some stuff I’m interested in
- Debian GNU/Linux, my favourite free Operating System.
- The work of the Open Rights Group and Electronic Frontier Foundation towards protecting important freedoms on the internet.
- The Free Software Foundation.
- Virtualisation on Linux with KVM.
- Configuration automation with Puppet.
- Network Engineering.
- IPv6 proliferation, see what you can do here. Get your own IPv6 tunnel from Hurricane Electric.
- Minecraft, the ultimate time-sink!
- Brightbox’s new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (Cloud) platform.
is powered by Nanoc, a simple static site generator. Content is written in Markdown and processed using the kramdown filter while the layouts are written in erb. Compilation and deployment is handled by a simple set of rake tasks and Capistrano. Foundations for the layout, styling and typography are provided by Twitter’s Bootstrap CSS library and jQuery. Blog comments are powered by Disqus and I use git for version control of the whole thing. The code is on Github.
All generated markup is valid HTML5.
All content is licensed under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license and copyright Ben Arblaster 2004-2013, unless otherwise stated.